Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Trip to Mackinac Island Part II

Sorry I'm getting this up late, I've been hit with a bad cold which is weird, right, since it's the MIDDLE OF SUMMER!?!?!? So instead of boring you with the entire Part II of the trip--I feel like I've got you in my living room showing you slide after slide----I'll just put some highlights. Here is one of the coolest buildings on the island and also more proof of how nerdy I am:

Isn't that color so awesome! I loooove libraries especially unique ones. One of the ones in Las Vegas is orange! But this one takes the cake! Then there was this building right next to it...
 
Dun-dun-da-da-da-duh -daaaaah! Spooky, man! With it's sloping roofs and dark windows and chimneys..it has got to belong to the Mackinac Island witch, in fact, I'm sure of it. Do you think it's coincidence a cute alluring library happens to be nestled right up next to it where a bunch of youngins come to rent books!!? And a voice from the hedge calls to them promising sweets and no bed times and toys, toys, toys! 

(I apologize to whoever lives in this home, I'm sure you're a exemplary citizen but really, you're house is too cool!)


Some real-life Mackinac folk chatting at the docks..

We biked down to the water's edge and it was beautiful. Standing there I felt like I should come up with some sort of prose or deep poetry worthy of Robert Frost but alas my brain was on vacation so I just took pictures.





 We went up to this natural bridge and looked out across the water.

 Someone wrote something with rocks out in a sand bar...I {heart} MI is about all I can make out.

 This church also fueled my imagination. Can you imagine the things that go in inside of it?! Look at that shuttered window and the crosses on the top and tell me that you can't see ghosts looking out from their haunted perch above the world.....Uh-huh..



 It was such a fun trip...it really spared my imagination and was so wonderful to get out of the city and to a different kind of life. This is why I love to travel!

No comments: